Wednesday, August 25, 2010

How Much?

How Much?

And then, it surfaces
The darkness
I try to keep it out
It pries it way through
The space under the door
And I see
Like never before
The Formica of your touch
Cold and dull
Mechanical and unfeeling
As if you are going through the motions
Following the orders
Of your master
You are something
Made for nightmares
The time we spend
Means nothing to you
Everything to me
And I know
In the end
There is nothing
There is always a dollar
To be made
Any way you can
Just speak it into existence
The first car
Down your dusty road
That leads you back
To me
Easier to wallow
In the confusion
We both lie
We both hurt
We both walk away
From each other
A those practiced lines
I found written in your notebook
You pretended to be cold
Your distance was a disguise
And now
I know
You will never say
How much you love me

No comments:

Post a Comment