Monday, May 17, 2010

His Name is Baphomet

His Name is Baphomet

stumble over
again like clockwork
like unfurled freedom
kept hidden from the world
the way of drunken predictability
tonight it will be different
uncomplicated to destroy
an unfortunate sin
if I asked you for something more
would you give it
could you meet me half way
in the darkness
where I plot our mutual destruction
I imagine you creeping up behind me
you are so ready to pounce
to take your pound of flesh
you are not confused by my contradictions
you touch the real me
the me that no one knows
only you
could you give yourself away
free without reservation
without doubt or belief
blind to the reasons
could you still the questions in your heart
bend to the blowing of my wind
cradle my gift of fire
I pull apart the flesh
and show you the dragon within
you know his name
he has been with me
from the beginning
the calm force behind my eyes
and he loves you
as much as I
maybe even more
he knows you cannot resist
the heat of my flame
my fire is in you
and it does not burn
it satisfies

© Deep Piercing Cut 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment